Nicaragua’s Public Debt Increases 5%

In the first six months of 2018, the country’s public debt grew by 5%, going from US$6.487 billion at the end of 2017 to US$6.828 billion at the end of June, according to the Banco Central de Nicaragua (BCN) – Nicaragua Central Bank – for the quarter of 2018.

Of the total public debt, 83% corresponded to public sector debt with external creditors (US$5.6448 billion) and the remaining 17% to debt with the Central Government and Central Bank with the national private sector (US$1.1835 billion).

According to a report by the Central Bank of Nicaragua regarding the composition by debtor, most of the public liabilities correspond to the Central Government (68.2%), followed by the Central Bank (31.0%) and the rest to the Public Sector (0.8%).

- payin the bills -

The report adds: “… In the first semester of 2018, Nicaragua’s public sector honored debt of US$7.4205 billion dollars, of which 98.4 percent was destined to paying for domestic debt and the remaining 1.6 percent to external debt payments. Meanwhile, servicing of the total public debt, excluding the payment of short-term bills of the Central Bank, represented 51.7 percent of the tax revenues collected during the same period.”

See full report (In Spanish).

Advertisements

- paying the bills -
- paying the bills -

Related Articles

No Information to Make Decisions

In Nicaragua, authorities have not published information on the Índice Mensual...

Electronic Transactions In Nicaragua Fall 40%

During the second quarter of 2019, the amount of electronic payment...

MOST READ

Rosario Murillo: La Heredera (The Heiress)

Rosarion Murillo, the "eternally loyal" to her husband and political partner, Daniel Ortega. In a profile by Confidencial in October 2016, before her election as...

Better Air Connectivity Between Nicaragua and the US

The private companies' association is in talks with United Airlines to promote the opening of a route that connects Nicaragua with the east coast...

Nicaragua Unveils Central America’s Largest Baseball Stadium

Nicaragua has unveiled its long-awaited baseball stadium in Managua, replacing the former baseball field built in 1948. The new structure will hold up to...

Bianca Jagger Gets Into The Nicaragua Act Again

(American Thinker)  Remember Bianca Jagger? You know, the disco queen and former rock-star's wife turned leftwing "human rights activist" who was last seen mourning...

What Are Some of Nicaragua’s Popular Food?

TODAY NICARAGUA - Nicaragua is an interesting place, with a tumultuous history and a relatively peaceful present. and even if many things can be...

Nicaragua Praised by the IMF

The IMF noted the positive evolution of all the country's economic indicators, and the drastic fall in poverty, with an increase of 33% in...

Poll Shows Declining Expectations on a Nicaraguan Canal

According to the results of the most recent survey conducted by Cid Gallup, the Nicaraguan interoceanic canal project, a concession given to the Chinese...

Let's Keep This Going!

To be updated with all the latest news and information about Nicaragua and Latin America.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.